Monday, December 13, 2010

Nollaig Shona Duit

Nollaig Shona Duit - pronounced Nullig Hona Dut - is the traditional Irish Gaelic greeting meaning Merry Christmas.


I wish you peace, I wish you love, and all the joys of the holiday season. It is in my tradition and culture to wish you a Merry Christmas and I duly note that not all have it within their traditions and culture to reciprocate the greeting. None-the-less, I wish you Merry Christmas as it is a holiday that exists in the culture and traditions of my family from generation to generation.


Merry Christmas to one and all. May your heart be light. May your love reach out to those who are living in their darkest moments and those who wish to share in your love.

I will be home for Christmas - not only in my dreams. I will be gone from Butterfly Phoenix for a couple of weeks, but I will be back after the New Year holiday with stories and news from far and near.

Nollaig Shona Duit! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment