Monday, June 29, 2015

Be Harper's Hope

As most of my readers know, I am huge supporter of Pay It Forward. Today, on Butterfly Phoenix, I want to pay it forward for a two year old little girl, whose shoes I wore so many years ago. Well, not the exact same shoes, because Harper has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, which is different than ASD.

Harper was five days old when she underwent her first surgery - 5 Days Old, her second at 4 months old, and her third at 2 years old. That's a lot of surgery for such a little child. Harper is also suffering from PTSD from all of this.

I don't know Harper personally, or her mother. What I do know is being a little girl who is scared, hurting, and confused. I understand all too well the separation anxiety little Harper feels when her mother can do nothing to comfort her as the doctors and nurses poke and prod, and she has to go into that operating room - alone. Forty years later, I haven't forgotten. It's something that is etched on your heart and soul.

Today, I am asking my Twitter followers, my LinkedIn connections, and my FaceBook friends to be Harper's Hope. I'm asking you to pray for this little girl, and help her mother with the medical and travel expenses she is incurring on a daily basis. Harper's mother is only asking for $2500, and has already received $750. We can do better than that. Through our contributions, we can remove a lot of the financial stress from her mother, so her mother can focus on Harper.

This is not a time when we wait for someone else to do what God has called us to do ourselves. Together we can make a difference in a little girl's life. We can give her a chance to grow up into the beautiful woman God created her to be.

Click this link to donate today: Be Harper's Hope


Thank you!